To read our story from the beginning click here

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Walk to Remember

I had to divide the post about the walk into several separate posts due to all the pictures I wanted to include. Jack, Jansen and I at the walk ready to remember Jillian.

Me and Emily, one of my very best friends. I wanted everyone that came to the walk in support of our family to have something special to acknowledge Jillian. We didn't have time to get t shirts made for everyone but I did make buttons with pink scrapbook paper and a monogram J with her name written on the button. They really looked cute and I'm so glad everyone got to have something with Jillian's name on it!

We released balloons during the last part of the program to remember our sweet girl. All of these balloons were the ones released by all of our family and friends! It was a truely moving and touching moment for me as a mommy! The program was very touching also. Kristy S. the bereavement coordinator welcomed everyone and spoke a few words as did one of the OB doctors. A lady we go to church with lost a daughter 15 years ago and we were looking for a parent to speak and I thought of her. I asked if she would be interested and she said yes! She did an amazing job this day. Ironically, this day was her daughter's birthday also. What a fitting way to remember her! Another individual sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and it was beautiful as well.


The note Jack wrote on his balloon for Jillian.



My balloon I released. Jillian, we do love you forever and walk the steps everyday to live our life so that we see you again one day!





No comments:

Post a Comment