To read our story from the beginning click here

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Race for the Cure

Me and Ned Perme, KATV weatherman! This is probably the closest I'll ever get to getting a picture with a well known T.V. person! I really stopped to get a pic with him for my sweet nephew, Conner. Conner is obsessed with Ned Perme and wanted him to come to his birthday party this year. His party was actually later that day and I framed the picture and gave to him on his birthday-- he loved it!

The famous Little Rock firemen on top of one of their trucks during the race. Can I say some of them were very nice looking???!!!!

The beginning of the race. The race started at 8:00am and we didn't start walking for 5-10 minutes due to the massive amount of people! Estimates were that there were close to 50,000 women walking/running this day! This is the 3rd largest Race for the Cure in the Nation! Right here in Little Rock!


I love this picture. This is also at the beginning of the race. If you look far into the pic you can see the Arkansas River Bridge and women are as far as you can see already and I am still waiting to start! Good thing I was only walking!!! I also love the flag hanging across the road!



Me and the ladies I walked with. L-R... Elizabeth, Marilyn, myself, and Kinsey.
It is so hard to get up at 5:00am to get ready and drive to Little Rock in time for the race but once we were there, it was a great feeling. To know we are all there together for the same cause is a wonderful emotion! Can't wait till next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment